Directed by Christopher Nolan. Written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan.
A team of explorers travel through a wormhole in an attempt to ensure humanity's survival.
- COOPER - (hero)
- MURPH - (ally)
- TARS - (ally)
- DOYLE - (enemy)
- MANN - (enemy)
- DR. BRAND - (goddess)
- PROF. BRAND - (mentor)
Milestones (FIRST ACT):
- Ordinary World: Cooper is a corn farmer (and a former engineer), father of Tom and Murph. Their mother is dead. The world is a different place. Earth is running out of food and farmers are needed more than engineers.
- Call for Adventure (00:19:00): Cooper, Murph and Tom follow a surveillance drone. Suddenly a dust storm covers up the town and a binary code of sand left on Cooper's floor indicates a coordinate. Cooper and Murph go after it.
- Meeting the Goddess (00:26:00): Cooper is interrogated by a robot. The interrogation is interrupted by Dr. Brand who takes Cooper to the meeting room.
- Meeting the Mentor (00:29:00): Prof. Brand tells Cooper he was at NASA and explains their current situation, the world's starvation and Lazarus mission.
- Call for Adventure (00:39:00): Cooper is chosen by Prof. Brand to go on space, find a new planet for humans to live and save the generation of his children.
- Crossing the Threshold (00:42:00): The rocket of Cooper is launched.
Milestones (SECOND ACT):
- Set of Trial: They start the quest after the wormhole.
- Making Enemy (01:05:00): Doyle and Copper have different opinions about Gargantula.
- Set of Trials: Copper convinces the team to stay with Plan A. Dr. Brand must find the data before a huge wave hit them on the surface of the planet. Doyle dies and the ship gets waterloaded.
- Crossing the Second Threshold (01:21:00): Decades have passed while they were on the planet. Murph and the people on Earth got older.
- Atonement with the Father (01:30:00): Prof. Brand confess before dying that there is no chance that Plan A would succeed.
- Making Ally (01:35:00): They wake Mann and have high hopes to have found a livable planet.
- Belly of the Whale (01:41:00): Dr. Brand and Cooper find out by the message of Murph that
- Approaching The Inmost Cave (01:48:00): Murph has a feeling that if she goes back to her old room she might find a solution to save her father and Earth. Mann confess that the planet is too cold for life and fight Cooper.
- Resurrection and Elixir (01:58:00): Cooper finds the radio in the snow and screams for help. Murph changes her mind and tries one more to time to find the solution.
- The Ultimate Boon: The Endurance explodes while Mann tries to get in.
- Love in the Underworld: Cooper sacrifices himself so Dr. Brand would have enough fuel to find the last possible planet.
- Approaching the Inmost Cave: Cooper falls into the Dark Hole.
- Resurrection and Elixir: Copper uses Morse Code to communicate with her daughter in the past. She uses the code to break the equation that solves every problem.
Milestones (THIRD ACT):
- Freedom to Live: Copper wakes up in a space center. Murph is famous and old. She gets frozen to be alive on the day they rescued Copper. She tells him to go after Dr. Brand.
- Magic Flight: Copper goes after Dr. Brand.
Final Feedback: The film is 170 minutes long. It actually has more than 3 acts - Two Inmost Caves, Calls for Adventure, Elixir and Resurrection. The picture feels to have a pretty good pace.