Created by Judd Apatow, Lesley Arfin and Paul Rust
A couple who must navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment and other things they were hoping to avoid.
- GUS and MICKEY - (hero)
- HEIDI - (goddess)
- LENORA and TOBIAS - (mentor)
- BURTIE and KEVIN - (ally)
- SUSAN - (enemy)
Milestones (FIRST ACT):
- Ordinary World (episode 1): Gus is a tutor at the film studio and Mickey is an assistant at the radio channel. While recovering from nasty breakups with their exes, Mickey makes a scene at a church with her ex and Gus seizes the day stumbles into a confusing sexual encounter.
- Call to Adventure (episode 2): Gus and Mickey meet in the next morning at the gas station store.
- Crossing the Threshold (episode 2): The two end up on a bizarre odyssey through the streets of LA after Mickey's wallet and eventually meet Gus' former girlfriend. Mickey and Gus are different but seem to work good together.
- Set of Trials (episode 2): Gus faces an ethically challenging situation at work, while Mickey navigates a dicey new dynamic with her boss.
Milestones (SECOND ACT):
- Set of Trial (episode 3): Gus writes a message to Mickey who not on purpose forgets to answer it. Gus faces an ethically challenging situation at work when he helps a kid actress to cheat on her exam while Mickey navigates a dicey new dynamic with her boss having sex with him afraid to get fired.
- Set of Trial (episode 4): Mickey invites Gus to a friend's party and comes face-to-face with mistakes from her past. She ends up setting Gus and Bertie on a date.
- Crossing the Second Threshold (episode 5): Gus has an awful date with Bertie. When he drives her back home he fights with Mickey and she kisses him.
- Set of Trial (episode 6): A newly confident Gus gets noticed on the set, while a disturbing day at the radio station precedes an evening of Mickey behaving recklessly. They try to meet but it doesn't happen.
- Set of Trial (episode 7): Gus sets out to dazzle Mickey on their first proper date, but the night doesn't go according to plan. They have sex in the morning but Mickey offends Gus' passion for magicians.
- Set of Trial (episode 8): As Mickey frets over the fallout of her date with Gus, Heidi (an actress from the TV show Gus works for) shakes things up at Gus's movie night jam session. Mickey is jealous of her and leaves the place.
Milestones (THIRD ACT):
- Set of Trial (episode 9): Mickey apologizes to Bertie but at the same time tries to manipulate her on going to the tv studio together (to see Gus). The showrunner buys Gus spec script. Gus and Mickey fight and he deletes her number form his phone.
- Approaching the Inmost Cave (episode 10): Mickey freaks out when she realizes her cat has gone missing. She looks for him but ends up in a anonymous meeting for women addicted to relationship. Gus is fired after he defends his ideas in the Writer's Room.
- Resurrection with the Elixir (episode 10): Mickey finds her cat. Gus gets his job back with the kid actress' help. Gus and Mickey meet at the gas station store.
- Freedom to Live (episode 10): They kiss.