Director: Kenneth Branagh Writers: Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz and Don Payne. Based on the work of Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby.
- Winner of Best Costume
- Nominated for Best Fantasy Film, Best Supporting Actor, Best Production Design
Thor is a vanity god and is punished by his father to live powerless on Earth.
- THOR (hero)
- LOKI (villain)
- ODIN (mentor)
- JANE (lover)
- 4 WARRIORS (ally)
Milestones (FIRST ACT):
- Ordinary World: Thor starts a war
- Meeting the Mentor: Thor's father curses him and takes his weapon.
- Call to Adventure: Odin sends Thor to Earth in order to punish him.
Milestones (SECOND ACT):
- Crossing the First Threshold: Thor falls on Earth and hits Jane.
- Meeting the Goddess: Jane helps Thor. She takes him to the hospital and gives him cloths. They make eye contact and establish a connection.
- Thor hears about a fallen satellite (his hammer) and decides to go take it as a way back home. The Government confiscates Jane's equipment and research.
- Making Enemies: Loki finds out he is adopted by Odin and since he is a ice-monster he will never be king. Now Loki envies Thor even more. Odin faints and falls into a deep sleep. Loki declares himself king and refuses to forgive Thor.
- Meeting the Goddess (Loki): Loki talks with his adopted mother and she advices to never lose hope on Odin and Thor.
- Making Allies: Jane offers Thor the ride.
- Set of Trials: Thor breaks through the government restricted area in order to recover the hammer and Jane's gear.
- Fail: Thor can't lift his own hammer and is captured by the the security.
- Crossing the Second Threshold: Thor is captured and interrogated. Loki appears to him and lies about Odin's death and that in order to keep peace his mother prohibited that Thor is brought back home.
- Making Enemies: Thor is released and the security orders to his helpers to follow Thor. Loki fails to lift the hammer as well.
- Love in the Underworld: Thor and Natalie talk around the fire. He gives her the notebook with her notes and explains to her about the scandinavian mythology.
- Making Allies: The four warriors decide to go to Earth in order to find Thor. The Night Guardian helps them to achieve that. They find Thor and tell him Odin is alive.
- Belly of the Whale: Thor is sacrificed to save the life of his friends. Loki kills him.
- Resurrection and Elixir: The good will of Thor makes his hammer return to him. He becomes a god again. Thor wakes up and defeats the warrior of Loki.
- The Inmost Cave: Thor goes back to his kingdom and enters his father chamber where he finds his mother and Loki.
- The Ultimate Boon: Loki and Thor fight each other. Thor uses his hammer to break the rainbow bridge as the only way to protect Earth from Loki.
- Atonement with the Father: Thor falls into the universe but his father grabs him. Loki sees that his father prefers Thor, so he releases his hold on Thor and let himself fall into space.
- Belly of the Whale: Jane feels sad now that the bridge disappears and Thor doesn't go back. Thor misses Jane as well.
Milestones (THIRD ACT):
- Reward: Odin says he is proud of Thor.
Final Feedback: The most interesting aspect of Thor is the fact it is part of a franchise. Therefore, the movie has not a conclusive end and it is to be continued. The third act is not finished but the reward of Thor, his misbehavior corrected and the villain's plot about a possible revenge.